LOST PERSON BEHAVIOUR – A SEARCH AND RESCUE GUIDE ON WHERE TO LOOK – FOR LAND, AIR AND WATER BY ROBERT J. KOESTER
Lost person behavior is the cornerstone of search and rescue efforts. Based upon a landmark study, this book is the definitive guide to solving the puzzle of where a lost person might be found. Nowhere else is it possible to learn about the latest subject categories, behavioral profiles, up to date statistics, suggested initial tasks, and specialized investigative questions. Whether the subject is underground, underwater, under collapsed rubble, on land or has fallen from the sky, this book delivers what search managers need.Lost Person Behavior provides the reader with:
- An indispensable book that can be used as a field reference (special rugged binding allows the book to lay flat) and an essential library reference;
- The latest search and rescue incident statistics from the International Search & Rescue Incident Database (ISRID), which contains over 50,000 SAR incidents;
- 41 subject categories, many of which are new and presented for the first time;
- New detailed behavioral profiles that give insight into what drives the basic behaviors of lost people;
- Statistics based upon ecoregions to best match your specific search areas;
- New types of statistical information; find location, scenario analysis, mobility time, survivability, elevation changes, track offset, dispersion angles, plus classic statistics such as distance from the initial planning point;
- The ability to pinpoint the most likely areas to search, then determine initial tasks quickly using reflex tasking, the bike wheel model, and quick consensus.
The purpose of this book is simple: To help searchers look in the right place to find lost subjects faster.
PRICE £28.00 including UK delivery
For UK purchases by credit card or by PayPal account:
To continue shopping after adding to cart simply return to main navigation bar and select next book, or return to bookstore. Cart will automatically update